Turnkey solutions designed right the first time by qualified solar engineers and professional installers of high-quality renewable energy products for optimum performance
We deliver fast, precise and high-quality workmanship.
We are proud of all our installation as this benchmarks the next project.
We use only the highest available quality products on our projects to guarantee the customer the best results
Eco Trades Solar-Log Cloud Monitoring
ECO TRADES is a Proudly South African company based in Bloemfontein.
Eco Trades is a well-established & reliable EPC company that has been on the market since 2012.
Eco Trades has installed more than 10,000 solar Pv panels all over S.A. in the past years, making us the leader in the solar industry in central South Africa.
We pride ourselves in offering a wide range of high quality environmentally friendly solutions in the market. We provide a turnkey solution to our customers, from energy efficiency to complete renewable packages and more.
We also provide complete design packages including technical support and consultation.
We believe in maintaining excellent customer service and strive to continuously remain competitive in the industry for a greener future.
Our passion lies in creating awareness in order to develop the market, distribute products & carry out installations throughout Southern Africa.
We believe that the cost of electricity is not going to get any cheaper and annual increases could ruin your business or future income.
Solar Pv systems are still capable of producing electricity at a cost well below the tariffs generally charged by your supplier, this makes solar the smart option for you.
SARS – Section 12b of the Income Tax Act & 100% Renewables Depreciation allowance
As from 1 January 2016 Section 12b of the Income Tax Act (South Africa) was amended from a three year (50% – 30% – 20%) accelerated depreciation allowance on renewable energy to an even quicker depreciation allowance of ONE year (100%). SARS has committed themselves to renewable energy and has ensured such tax incentive for business owners.
Please confirm with your bookkeeper how it can work for your business.
More info click here on this link: SARS guide to Taxation in South Africa 2015/2016
We pride ourselves to be able to install most known name brands & types of solar system;
Eco Trades Solar Systems uses only the high-quality products on our projects to guarantee the customer the best results.
Eco Trades supply, install and distribute all over South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia and Mozambique.
We are channel partners for SolarEdge, SMA, Schneider, ABB, Ingeteam, Victron, MLT, Microcare, Tesla, Freedom Won, FNB Raylyte, Canadian, Trina, Jinko, Risen etc….
Eco Trades is a reliable EPC company (“Engineering, Procurement & Construction” is a particular form of contracting arrangement used in some industries where the EPC Contractor is made responsible for all the activities from engineering & design, procurement, construction, up to commissioning and handover of the project to the End-User or Owner.)
Our services include;
- Advice to clients
- Engineering & design
- Quotation & Installation
- Maintenance & Technical support
Associations & Compliance;
- SAPVIA ( South African Photovoltaic Industry Association )
- Labour department
- SARS tax clearance
- Certified working on hights
- Solar engineered design & quality
Proven Track Record of successful installations of plants larger than 25kwp…
|Size||Description||Location||Purpose||QTY PV||Panel Watts|
|386.75kW||Schneider Grid-tie plant||Petrusburg||Farm (Still in progress)||1190||325W|
|223.47kW||Ingeteam Grid-tie plant||Germiston||Goldfields Logistics||432||260W|
|130kW||ABB Grid-tie plant||Ventersburg||SPAR – Joint Venture||520||250W|
|126kW||ABB Grid-tie plant||Bloemfontein||SPAR||504||250W|
|116.64kW||Schneider Grid-tie plant||Wesselsbron||LFC Milling||432||270W|
|100kW||Schneider Grid-tie plant||Bloemfontein||East End Park||400||250W|
|74.58kW||Solar Edge Grid-tie plant||Bloemfontein||Herholdts Lightning||226||330W|
|63.36kW||Schneider Grid-tie plant||Kimberley||Samy’s Wholesalers||192||330W|
|63kW||ABB Grid-tie plant||Kimberley||Khatz Warehouse park||200||315W|
|61.43kW||ABB Grid-tie plant||Bloemfontein||FS Nasorg Sentrum||189||325W|
|59.22kW||Schneider Grid-tie plant||Bloemfontein||Herholdts Electrical||188||315W|
|59.22kW||ABB Grid-tie plant||Bloemfontein||Bloem Spa Hotel||187||315W|
|32.5kW||Solar Edge Grid-tie plant||Potchefstroom||Green Medows||100||325W|
|31.2kW||Schneider Grid-tie plant||Bothaville||Goldfields Logistics||96||325W|
|22.1kW||Schneider Grid-tie plant||Bloemfontein||Berlesell||68||325W|
WHAT DRIVES OUR BUSINESS?
Current electricity cost
Future demand & growth
More Cost-effective source of energy
Greener better future for our children
Enabling assistance in economic growth
Inconsistent supply of electricity including power failures
Not using the right designers, products and installers can result in a sub-standard system not meeting its performance requirements, or in some cases 100% system failure due to extreme temperatures or design flaws.
Due to renewable energy still being in its infancy stage in South Africa, projects are often riddled with disappointing performance.
Electricians may be qualified for the installation of PV systems but not necessarily for the design of such. It is very complex when it comes to matching Inverters, PV modules & batteries for the so-called “sweet spot” performance.
Contact us as engineers to get the right information & products the first time. There is no easy way or shortcuts when it comes to designing the right systems.
Unfortunately, a proper system may be expensive but it will last you years with the right design & setup.
TAKE NOTE WHEN COMPANIES QUOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- System Capacity: The kWh (units) requirements to run your home and the kWh output of the Pv array need to balance. If your home use 30kwh (units) of power a day then the solar Pv array power output must match the 30kwh needed. 16 x 330watt Pv = 5.28kw Pv array x 5.5 hours radiation (sun Hours) = 29kwh a day. Radiation levels differ in each area in South Africa, refer to info page for more detail
- Product Comparison: warranties & guarantees including sustainability of the supplier. Can the installer supply you with proof of product warranty?
- Inverters: Ensure every aspect of the units Capabilities. Not all products can do the same stuff, make sure you understand what you buy.
- PV Panels: Canadian, Risen, Jinko, Trina, Photon, SD, Solar world & Renesola are trusted brands with backup in South Africa
- Batteries: This is where most customers are scammed. Its very important to know that AGM & GEL batteries do not last for 10 years if cycled daily, instead they will last only 800-1500 cycles depending on the depth of discharge. 2v Tubular Lead acid cells will last for 10-12 years because of their 2500-3500 cycles. Make sure you acquire the correct battery specifications for the right job. There is no such thing as a 10-year warranty on AMG, GEL or Tubular batteries. a 10-year designed life on a GEL battery must not be seen as a guarantee. Each battery has a cycle chart supplied by the manufacturer with the depth of discharge VS cycle life. Ask for proof.
- Installation: orientation for winter & summer, DC & AC wiring sizes, breakers etc… The sun may shine 12 hours a day but Pv panels can only absorb and produce a certain qty power, make sure you understand the difference.
As a qualified solar representative and engineer, ECO TRADES can prevent such problems. We use only cutting-edge technology & provide this along with our expertise to our clients in the industry. We offer only the most effective inverter systems in the market combined with solar panels and batteries, we strive to deliver the best combination of quality service and backup form our suppliers.
Requirements for a Quotation?
All electrical power AC or DC is based on kwh (units on your electricity bill). If your house or business uses 30kwh per day, we have to make sure that the system will under normal circumstance produce that 30 kwh. Off-grid systems will need Eskom or a generator in case of bad weather.
We don’t need to visit the premises the 1st time, 99% of the electrical connection is standard procedure. Fitting a PV system on the roof remains a basic installation practice even if its tiles, IBR or corrugated roofing. We need your average kwh consumption and based on that we can send you an estimate quote on the type of system you will require.
It is always a good idea to perform an energy efficiency study before looking into solar power due to cost. Changing globes and outdoor floodlights and installing timers on geysers and pool pumps can reduce your electrical bill by as much as 50%, it will have the same saving on solar systems costs.